What can I do if my apartment complex is evicting me sending me over to the lawyers for a payment they are saying was not received?

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if my apartment complex is evicting me sending me over to the lawyers for a payment they are saying was not received?

However my bank shows the monies are in their account and it was paid. I have submitted all proof by they just want the money and I can’t afford to double pay because I already have to pay next month’s rent. The amount is in their account but they are sending my file over to the attornies today this happened earlier this month and it was resolved but now they are saying the funds have come back again, My bank said its likely their end and their payment processor. I have all proof. Will they be able to just kick me out and will I have time to prove my case and buy time?

Asked on March 26, 2015 under Real Estate Law, New Jersey


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If the facts are as you say, you have all the prooof and they refuse to clear it up and bring legal charges I would talk to a Landlord Tenant attorney or service (there are so many for tenants that are free) in your area about filing a counterclaim against them for doing this to you.   They can not evict you with what you say that you have.  The Judge should listen to you. Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption