What to do if I don’t want my daughter at her grandmother’s house?

UPDATED: Oct 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I don’t want my daughter at her grandmother’s house?

My 6 year old daughter’s father has parenting time with her every other weekend. He now lives with his mother who do to some recent circumstances, including harassment, malicious behavior, vulgarity, insulting accusations, etc.have led me to stongly appose my daughter’s weekend visitations take place at her residence. I am not opposed to visitation between his mother and my daughter but believe that it is in my daughter’s best interests to not be under the same roof with her for any extended amounts of time. What can I do legally in order to achieve this and in as minimal time as possible?

Asked on October 19, 2012 under Family Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Since you are concerned about your child being around her grandmother in an unsupervised setting, you need to consult with your child's father about reaching some written agreement as to your desires. If he is unwilling to agree to such, then your option if you truly wish to push the supervised visitation with the grandmother and your daughter is to file a petition with the court seeking such.

If matters come to that stage, you should consult with a family law attorney with respect to such.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption