What are y rights regarding a class action lawsuit if my 58 year old husband died from lung cancer?

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are y rights regarding a class action lawsuit if my 58 year old husband died from lung cancer?

He dies 9 months ago. He was a Navy Seabee and was exposed to aspestis his young life staying with an aunt and uncle who worked for general motors due to his mother’s illness growing up. Both aunt and uncle died from lung related illness. A remaining aunt asked why I can’t get on the lawsuit. I have tried but was told I don’t meet the requirements. Can someone explain more? He was never sick a day in his life and within 5-6 months he was gone.

Asked on June 20, 2013 under Personal Injury, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

 You can make a claim on your own for the "wrongful death" and for the damages that you suffered as well as the medical expenses and wage loss of your spouse. I suggest that you consult further with a personal injury attorney about the matter and how to proceed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption