What will happen if my 24 year old son was just cited for criminal trespass?

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 5, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if my 24 year old son was just cited for criminal trespass?

He took a beer (bottle) into an outdoor concert and was approached by concert security. They had him dispose of the beverage, escorted him out at a side exit and told him not to return. He subsequently went to the front gate and was stopped by county police and given a summons to appear in court for trespassing. Not smart on his part but hopefully not too intense. His background–employed– nothing close to a prior issue just sworn into the Air National Guard a week ago. Could this go on permanent record? I am planning on attending hearing and hoping for a fine only. Bone head move but never in trouble prior.

Asked on July 5, 2013 under Criminal Law, Virginia


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Your son ought to have assistance by a qualified attorney. Contact an attorney licensed in the state involved. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption