What to do regarding a manugacturing defect that caused my son’s death?

UPDATED: Jun 1, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 1, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do regarding a manugacturing defect that caused my son’s death?

My 12 year old son used a bipap machine while he sleeps. We discovered him not breathing early in the morning. We saw he had vomited with the bipap mask on and aspirated. The machines alarm did not go off letting us know there was a problem. He was declared brain dead 2 days later. I know the bipap has a memory card in it. It should of alarmed when the pressure dropped. Doctors feel that he had passed away several hours before we discovered him.

Asked on June 1, 2013 under Personal Injury, Washington


Joyce Sweinberg / Joyce J. Sweinberg Associates PC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You must be heartbroken.  In order to determine whether there is a product defect, an appropriate expert would have to evbaluate your situation and the facts involved here.   You need to talk to an attorney to begin this process.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption