If a mechanic put 293.9 miles on my new car, how can I get compensated?

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a mechanic put 293.9 miles on my new car, how can I get compensated?

Bought new car. Car wouldn’t start after 1 week. Dealer towed car back to them for repair. Then 2 weeks later they think they fixed the problem and deliver car back to me. Paperwork says car had 323 miles on it when they took it and it had 616.9 miles on it when I got it back. How can I get compensated for the ridiculous mileage they put on my new car?

Asked on August 8, 2012 under General Practice, Tennessee


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I would first speak with the manager of the dealership as to why your car has an additional 293 miles placed on it when it was in the dealership's care getting repaired. Costs of reimbursement of mileage under current Internal Revenue Service guidelines is around .51 per mile at this point in time. If the explanation as to why there are so many miles on your vehicle does not meet your satisfaction, your recourse is small claims court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption