Malpractice or patient profiling

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Malpractice or patient profiling

I went to the ER for bronchitis and back pain. I had bronchitis for 2 days but my back issue was from 8 months ago. I thought it would go away but it didn’t. I had 20 bales of hay fell on me. It’s in my upper right back. They did a chest X-ray. She told me it was clear. I asked if they looked at my back. She said she was looking for lung issues. She then said if it an X-ray would see any issues in my spine. That’s a lie. I was a surgical tech. I said,

Asked on September 29, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Washington


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If you deem their conduct unprofessional or against medical ethics, you can contact the state's medical licensing board to file a complaint. That's your only recourse in the situation you describe: you cannot file a lawsuit because you did not suffer any losses or injuries from the conduct, and malpractice, etc. suits are designed to compensate for monetary/financial losses and injuries. With such "damages," there is nothing to sue for.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption