Length of spousal support – married 22 years

UPDATED: Jun 24, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 24, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Length of spousal support – married 22 years

What is the amount of years that I should receive support? We were married 22 years – and I was a stay at home mom, while he worked full time. What is the amount of time I should receive spousal support?

Asked on June 24, 2009 under Family Law, Ohio


Denise Ferguson / Denise Ferguson Attorney At Law

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

There is no guarantee of spousal support in Ohio. It depends on how much he earns, how much you are capable of earning, what level of education you each have, what the debt is, what the assets are, and a variety of other items are taken into consideration. Many courts in Ohio will award spousal support for 1/3 to 1/2 the length of the marriage or until remarriage/death/cohabitation. There is no easy answer to your question. You can receive spousal support for no time at all or for 11 years. Also. are any of the children minors?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption