How to file for a class action lawsuit regarding a knee replacement?

UPDATED: Jan 31, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 31, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to file for a class action lawsuit regarding a knee replacement?

I had total knee replacement 11/09. I was placed in nursing home for rehab and got infection (it was bad enough that I almost lost my leg). I was on IV antibodies for 6 weeks. S The surgeon or infectious disease control doctor will not admit it was an infection. My family doctor says that it was. I am still in a lot of pain, have a hard time sleeping, use a cane, and limp. The pain is worse at night. I found out recently that the my replacement joint is one that is being recalled or something like that. You can be due compensation but I can’t find any infrmation or who to contact.

Asked on January 31, 2011 under Malpractice Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Ok the initial question threw me.  It is not necessarily a class action lawsuit, unless there is a lawsuit pending regarding the recalled - for lack of a better word- parts that were used on you that have been found in some way defective.  I would strongly suggest that you go and find a very good medical malpractice attorney in your area, one that is highly respected, and sit with him or her to discuss your case.  The consultation should be free.  Bring with you all the documentation that you have regarding the parts and the recall so that they can look the matter up if they do not already know (good attorneys have their fingers on the pulse of medical malpractice issues, so to speak so they may already have an idea of how to help you in this particular matter).  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption