Juvenile criminal Law.

UPDATED: May 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 12, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Juvenile criminal Law.

Can a jugde make both parents go to coucil concerning their child if one of the parents does not want to go? Can a judge put a parent in jail for refusing to sign a consent form to allow someone to video the meeting between parent and council or for the parent refusing to go to couciling? Case in point: I do not wish to attend court or anything else concerning the situation with my son. My son made this problem against my objection and there is no guarentee that he want make them again. I don’t want to spend my days and time running back and forth for nothing. “”Juvenile court in Louisiana.

Asked on May 12, 2009 under Criminal Law, Louisiana


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I would very strongly recommend a detailed consultation with a local attorney who has experience dealing with the juvenile justice system, before you refuse or fail to comply with a court order.  One place you can look for the attorney you need is our website, http://attorneypages.com

Your attorney will want to know quite a bit more about the case:  the "problem," your son's age, and what has gone on in the case so far.

However, as a general rule, it is well within a juvenile court judge's power to require you to come to court, and to go to counselling with your son.  And if you ignore or defy a court order, you can be jailed, fined, or both, for contempt -- after which you will still almost surely have to comply with the original court order anyway.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption