Where doI get forms regarding filing for a divorce?

UPDATED: Aug 22, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Where doI get forms regarding filing for a divorce?

I have no idea where to start. I’ve been married for 3 years. I am 22 years old and have 2 children with my husband.

Asked on August 22, 2011 Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Most states in this country have pre-printed forms that can be filled out online that are approved by each state's judicial council in many areas of the law and court proceedings in each state. Most likely your state has forms for a petition for dissolution and summons that can be accessed online. California has these forms for online access.

If Florida does not, you should go to the county law library and ask the librarian for assistance in finding these forms or a template so that you can file your desired petition for marital dissolution. Another option is to contact your county bar association to see if it has some program in effect to assist people needing help with forms and filling them out for a marital dissolution like you.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption