It’s a missed court date misdemeanor

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

It’s a missed court date misdemeanor

I missed court lost my ticket and have a
bench warrant I was wondering how to
fix this without jail time I actually lost my
ticket and am wondering how I could
reschedule a court appearance.

Asked on June 6, 2016 under Criminal Law, California


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

At this point, you will need to appear before a judge. If you go back voluntarily, things will go better for you. Depending on the circumstances, jailtime may not be involved. However, at this point, your case is become a criminal matter. Conseqently, you would be well advised to seek legal counsel in this matter. You should consult with an attorney who practices in the jurisdiction of where the warrant was issued. They can advise you further and use their local court contacts to your best advantage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption