Is this right?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is this right?

Myself and nearly every other employee at a store are suffering regularly from nausea and shakes. I have been able to discern, from others and my personal experiences, that it seems to be stress and tension from a demanding boss who has no concerns for the well-being of employees so long as her bonus checks keep coming. We have attempted to handle the situation from within the company. However, they are only seeing profitability increase and choose to ignore the massive turnover rates and transfers as people are less important that the profit.

Asked on November 5, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Colorado


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

is this treatment the result of some form of legally actionable discrimination? Does it in some way violate the terms of an employment contract or union agreement? If not, then you have no recourse here. The fact is that an employer may engage in unprofessional and rude behavior (or set any condition of the workplace) much as it sees fit. For your part, you can either accept the situation, complain but risk termination, or quit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption