Is it considered harassment if a father is forced to call his children repeatedly in order to speak with them?

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 8, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it considered harassment if a father is forced to call his children repeatedly in order to speak with them?

My wife recently divorced me. We have 3 children 9, 8 and 2. I have to call repeatedly 5 to 6 times in a row to be able to speak to them. I have said nothing threatening to her. I just have to call until she gets mad and picks up. Is this considered harassment on my part?

Asked on December 8, 2011 under Family Law, Texas


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

It is hardly a harassment if your intention is to talk to your kids at normal hours. Sounds like you have a communition issue with your ex. Try to send her a letter or something to establish a mutually agreeble time so that you can contact your kids.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption