Is there anything I can do if I’ve been harassed at work?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there anything I can do if I’ve been harassed at work?

I work in a warehouse where everyday the lady that’s there is always getting in my face all the time and just won’t let up. I’ve talked to the boss a couple of times and he said there’s nothing they’re going to do because her dad used to own the company. It’s physically making me sick to be there. This has been going on for 6 months and I can’t take her harassment any longer.

Asked on February 1, 2019 under Employment Labor Law, Michigan


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Unless this harrassment has to due with some form of legally actionable discrimination, you have no claim here. In other words, there really isn't much that you can do about this unprofessional behavior unless it has to do with your race, religion, age (over 40), disabiltiy, nationality or gender. Also, if your treatment violates the terms of a union contract or employment agreement, then you would have a claim. The fact is that an employer can set the conditions of the workplace much as it sees fit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption