Is there anything I can do legally to help give information before a trial?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there anything I can do legally to help give information before a trial?

Recently my husband and our 25 yr old
daughter got in a fight in her vehicle.
He broke her nose. We live in New Jersey
and she was able to get a restraining
order against him and I am a protected
party. The fight took place in PA and
the State filed Aggravated Assault
charges against him. I recently found
out his side of the story and parts are
true, but no one would know that. I
recently wrote a letter to the Assistant
District Attorney but is there anything
else I can do.

Asked on June 30, 2018 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Before trial, all you can do is what  you have done: write to the proscutor's office. However, you can testify at trial: if your husband wants, he or his attorney (and if he is facing aggravated assault, he should have a lawyer) can call you as a witness to testify.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption