Is there anything that I can do to fight if my license was suspened due to expired insurnce?

UPDATED: May 22, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 22, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there anything that I can do to fight if my license was suspened due to expired insurnce?

I got my license suspended for driving my father’s vehicle without insurance. After getting pulled over and having the vehicle towed I went and withdrew money to get insurance since my father neglected to tell me that it had expired. When we provided the proof of insurance to the cop he refused it because the date was the same has the incident report. He later called the insurance company who gave out info that I didn’t get untill a half hour after. Is there anything that I can do to fight the suspension or the points on my license or any legal action I can take against the insurance company?

Asked on May 22, 2012 under General Practice, Indiana


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need a lawyer at this point to not only threaten sit against the insurance comapny and have this settled but also to handle the license suspension. You need to make sure you have your lawyer check to see if license suspension was warranted but understand you are generally required to know that you have insurance or the car is covered before you drive. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption