Is putting your children into daycare frowned upon by custody evaluators?

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is putting your children into daycare frowned upon by custody evaluators?

While I do have the possibility to stay home most of the year, my job requires that I travel a couple of times a year, for a few days each time. I was wondering what standards evaluators usually follow on daycare.

Asked on September 4, 2012 under Family Law, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

No, day care should not be frowned upon by a party evaluating custody if the daycare is necessary in order for you to work and it is registered with the state, reputable, clean, etc. - all the things that you yourself would be concerned about. If it is a private day care situation then it may be a different story and the facts of your particualr case would determine if the situation were a safe environment for the children.  Good luck.   

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption