Is my boyfriend look at jailtme for vop? he did good on probation and was getting off in 3 weeks and got caught with under 20 grams of marijuana.

UPDATED: May 19, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 19, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is my boyfriend look at jailtme for vop? he did good on probation and was getting off in 3 weeks and got caught with under 20 grams of marijuana.

my boyfriend is on felony vop for possesion of cocaine and has been successefully for one year , he got busted 2 weeks ago for pssesion of marijuana under 20 grams. he is now in county with no bond but we dont know what we should do, we cant afford an attorney and we dont know what to do to get him bond to continue working at the job that he has been at for 10 years. also when he got probation a year ago, they put a cap fo 6 months should he violate. I am just wondering if you had any tips and is there a possiblity that they could just extend his probation? thank you in advance

Asked on May 19, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

If you can't afford an attorney you need to go to the public defender or legal aid to help you out.  This is a probation violation and for a second drug related offense.  Your BF can now be considered a repeat offender.

I hope you meant to write under "2 grams" of marijuana because if it was under 20 grams that could mean 19 grams, in which event he's going away.

Florida has some very strict laws concerning drug possession.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption