Is it worth hiring an attorney to get a refund on a Valplast cosmetic lower partial?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it worth hiring an attorney to get a refund on a Valplast cosmetic lower partial?

I received it yesterday, 3/16/2017, and tried using it to eat lunch. I felt pain and discomfort. I still have some irritation in my mouth today, the day after. So, I want to know, if the company, or dentist, does not refund my money – I paid 907 for the partial – if it is worth hiring an attorney to some how get a refund.

Asked on March 16, 2017 under Business Law, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

The attorney's fee would most likely exceed the refund.  Therefore, it would be advisable to file a lawsuit for negligence in small claims court to try to recover the $907.00. There aren't any attorneys in small claims court.
If you prevail in the case, you can also recover (in addition to the refund) court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption