What can be done regarding sexual harassment?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can be done regarding sexual harassment?

A 16 year old works as lifeguard at waterpark. She had intercourse with her manager once, hes in his 40’s. Now he expects it and she she is scared to say no. How does she go about this?

Asked on July 1, 2019 under Criminal Law, South Dakota


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Because she was 16, it was not sexual assault if she did in fact consent (no force, threats of violence, or drugs/intoxicants invovled). However, it is still illegal sexual harassment and discrimination at work, and she could potentially sue the waterpark. She and her parents should consult with an attorney about this option and what she may be entitled to. She should also stop working there immediately: her health (including mental/emotional health) and safety is more important than whatever she is earning there.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption