Is it possible to get a satisfied judgment off of my credit report?

UPDATED: Oct 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it possible to get a satisfied judgment off of my credit report?

I recently negotiated with my creditor that in return for paying the debt in full they would provide me with a letter requesting that that this debt would be removed from my credit report. Can anyone tell me if this is even possible and, if it is, how do proceed?

Asked on October 19, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Minnesota


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

That may not be able to occur nor would you want it to if it is a debt that if you have had for a while it may raise your score. You need to have the creditor send that letter to the credit reporting agencies and send you a copy. Then you need to ensure this has happend by filing a dispute with those agencies and sending a copy of the letter you received.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption