Is it possible to get a felony Class E expunged?

UPDATED: Mar 27, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 27, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it possible to get a felony Class E expunged?

My husband was charged with Unlawful Conduct Towards a Child 12 years ago at age 24. Hhas not had any charges since. He served all his jail time (60 days weekend time which was cut in half to 30 days) and probation and paid all fees. We are seeking to have this charge expunged and, if that is not possible, we are want to know if it can be pardoned?

Asked on March 27, 2013 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

It is possible that after a period of 5 years post the conviction that your husband could get his felony conviction expunged. To ascertain the chances, he needs to consult with a criminal defense attorney who files petitions for an expungement to see what his chances are. As for a pardon, only the governor of your state or the President of this country and give a pardon. for that, you need to consult with their offices.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption