Is it illegal to go on one neighborhood’s playground if you don’t live in that neighborhood?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is it illegal to go on one neighborhood’s playground if you don’t live in that neighborhood?

I have some friends who usually come to my neighborhood to play and they are sent
out by the other people who live there.I wonder if is it their right to do that?
Is the playground private property only for the ones who live there?What type of
documents/sings does it need to prove that it is private?

Asked on January 20, 2018 under Real Estate Law, Alaska


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I wish that you had sent more information as to where the park is located.  From the research that I have done it does not appear that there are any "private" parks in Alaska, unless it is a park on private land, such as a housing complex for residents only or possibly a private community playground.  However, that does not mean that the residents can not have guests come over to play.  I would do a little investigation by contacting the parks and recreation department in your area. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption