How to Determine Your Car Accident Claim Value

How do you determine your car accident claim’s value? Get the most out of your claim by calculating the value of your damages before contacting the insurance company; including medical, property, and pain and suffering damages. Learn more about accident claims here.

How can I collect from my insurance company when they won’t pay for weather-related damages?

If the insurer is refusing to pay you on a weather-related damage claim and an accident caused by black ice, then it probably relates to some provision in the insurance contract which gives them the right to deny coverage. You might at the outset start by asking them to point you to the precise language in the contract’and if they can’t point to some specific language, then you might have a claim against them for bad faith dealing as well as to enforce the policy.

Can I Sue the Government for Car Damages?

Sovereign immunity protects government entities from liability very well. Lawsuits against any kind of government entity, especially a lawsuit like this one, typically fail, and there are few to no examples on record of a suit that has been paid out to an individual for damage to a vehicle just from debris in a roadway. Unless you can show that the government had knowledge of the hazard, you will most likely not succeed in your lawsuit.