What to do about a bteach of contract?

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about a bteach of contract?

About 3 months ago we moved in to a new home. It was a lease for a year then we would do a contract for deed. We sign a contract that the previous owner typed up. It stated how much we were to pay each month and when, we were also responsible for general maintenance. We also typed up a contract stating that they couldn’t try to take the house back or sell it out from under us, which was signed. Now they are saying that they are putting the house back on the market. Can they do that? What can I do?

Asked on September 3, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Missouri


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I would take both of the agreements to ana ttorney to review.  Luckily you have some thing in writing because otherwise you would be out of luck under a law known as the Statute of Frauds.  But how those writings are to be interpreted and costrued in this matter will depend on your loval law and really what they actually say.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption