Habitual Offender and License

UPDATED: Jun 4, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 4, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Habitual Offender and License

I’m trying to find help to get my habitual offender cleared from my record so i can get my lisense back.  I was convicted in 1985.

Asked on June 4, 2009 under Criminal Law, Virginia


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

                You will need to file a petition in the circuit court or county in which you reside to restore your privilege to drive.  The Office of the Clerk of Circuit Court will provide you with forms provided by the Supreme Court of Virginia for your information.
                If you are uncomfortable with all the paperwork, possibly you will want an attorney to help you with this.
                Best of luck.

              IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

              Get Legal Help Today

              Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

              secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption