I’m an Ohio landlord with a difficult tenant. I’ve given the tenant the proper Ohio termination notice, but he still won’t leave. What next? What is the Ohio eviction process?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

If you have already properly served the tenant with one of the above notices and the tenant still will not leave, you may file a complaint for eviction (fees may apply) with the county court where the property is located. At court, either party may request a trial by jury (a fee may apply). After considering all evidence and counterclaims, the court will ultimately decide whether or not the landlord should be granted possession, costs, and past due rent. If judgment is entered in the landlord’s favor, the court will issue a writ of execution commanding the Sheriff (fees may apply) to put the landlord in possession within 10 days. If at any time you think you are in over your head, you can always seek the advice and counsel of an Ohio evictions attorney.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption