I’m an Idaho landlord with a difficult tenant. I’ve given the tenant the proper Idaho termination notice, but he still won’t leave. What next? What is the Idaho eviction process?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

If you are an Idaho landlord and you have given your tenant notice that the lease is terminating but the tenant hasn’t left your property, you should then file for eviction. Go to your local District Court and file the appropriate papers. You will then have to serve your tenant with the complaint and summons from the court.

The tenant will have 20 days to answer the complaint. When the tenant answers, the court will set a hearing date and you and your tenant will both go argue your sides. If you win, the court will give you a writ of restitution that will allow the sheriff to assist you in removing the tenant from your property. Usually the tenant will have a few days to move out on his or her own. Remember, it is not lawful for you to physically remove your tenant yourself.

If you feel it would be in your best interest during this process to seek specialized legal advice, you can contact an experienced Idaho evictions attorney.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption