I’m an Arizona tenant and I don’t want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Arizona tenant eviction rights?

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

If you are an Arizona tenant who has received a lawful termination notice, you can do what is requested in the notice, negotiate with your landlord, or do nothing.  After you’ve been given notice, you will receive a summons and copy of the complaint from the court once the eviction process has begun. The summons will be delivered in person, by mail, and/or posted on the property. It will include the reasons that you are being evicted as well as court information requiring you to appear in person no more than six days after delivery. If the dispute has reached this point, you may wish to seek the advice of an experienced Arizona evictions lawyer, either to give you sound advice or to help you defend against eviction.