I’m an Arizona landlord with a difficult tenant. I’ve given the tenant the proper Arizona termination notice, but he still won’t leave. What next? What is the Arizona eviction process?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Jeffrey Johnson is a legal writer with a focus on personal injury. He has worked on personal injury and sovereign immunity litigation in addition to experience in family, estate, and criminal law. He earned a J.D. from the University of Baltimore and has worked in legal offices and non-profits in Maryland, Texas, and North Carolina. He has also earned an MFA in screenwriting from Chapman Univer...

Full Bio →

Written by

UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about legal topics and insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything legal and insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by experts.

If you have already served the tenant with any one of the available Arizona termination notices (or no notice is necessary in your particular circumstances) and the tenant still will not leave, you may begin a lawsuit by filing a complaint with the Superior or Justice Court in the county in which the premises is located.’A filing fee may be charged. The tenant will be served with a summons requiring him or her to appear no more than six days from the date of service. At trial, after considering all the evidence brought by both you and the tenant, the court will decide whom to grant possession of the property and what costs will be awarded. If you win, the court will issue a Writ of Restitution at your request no sooner than five days after judgment. The tenant may then be removed by the sheriff for trespass (the sheriff will typically give them a day or two to vacate the premises after being served with the writ). If at any time during this legal process you are confused or need experienced legal help, you can always seek out an Arizona evictions attorney.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption