I’m a Nevada tenant and I don’t want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Nevada tenant eviction rights?

UPDATED: Feb 13, 2020

If you are a Nevada tenant and you do not want to leave your current apartment or house but your landlord has informed you that your tenancy is being terminated, you have a few options. You can try to negotiate with your landlord. You can also try to cure the reason you are being kicked out by paying your rent or coming into compliance with your lease. If you do not think you have done anything wrong, you will have to wait for your landlord to file for eviction. When he or she does, you will be served with a summons letting you know about the suit. You will have to go to court on the date listed in your summons and argue your side. If you win, you get to stay in the property. If you lose, you will have to leave immediately or risk the landlord locking you out of the property with the help of the local Constable.

If you are facing an eviction action in court, an experienced Nevada tenant lawyer may be a great help to you and your chances of winning. A lawyer can not only help you defend against the eviction but also advise you as to any rights you may have surrounding the notice you received from your landlord.