I’m a Mississippi tenant and I don’t want to move out of my home. How can I avoid eviction? What are my Mississippi tenant eviction rights?

UPDATED: Feb 13, 2020

If you are a Mississippi tenant who has received notice that your landlord is terminating your eviction, you should try to fix the reason the landlord wants to kick you out. Usually this means paying your rent within the 3 days of notice before the landlord can start an eviction proceeding, or remedying whatever the breach of the lease is within the 30 days notice for those actions. If you do not think you have done anything wrong, you should sit back and wait for your landlord to file the eviction action. When he or she does, you will get a summons to come to your local Justice Court to argue your side.

If you have been summoned to court in Mississippi, you may decide that consulting an experienced Mississippi evictions lawyer will be the best way to get the advice you need and handle your eviction action going forward. An experienced lawyer will help you defend against the eviction and give you advice on your rights in connection with the notice you received.