Illegal alien hit me on my motorccycle and took off.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Illegal alien hit me on my motorccycle and took off.

I lost my leg due to this. The illegal
plead out to a 4 year S.E.S and the
owner of the car who turned herself and
him in 13 days after the accident gave a
statement to the police that was
recorded using video and audio said he
was living with me and working for me
and I gave him oermission to use it. Now
she is 3 months later saying she did not
give him permission and the insurance
company is saying there is no claim.

Asked on November 24, 2018 under Personal Injury, Missouri


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Since the claim was denied, your only recourse is to sue the registered owner of the vehicle for negligence.
Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) should include your medical bills, pain and suffering, and wage loss.
Compensation for the medical bills is straight reimbursement. Compensation for pain and suffering for the loss of your leg is an amount in addition to the medical bills. Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption