If you live in a gated communityis security allowed to issue speeding fines without a radar?

UPDATED: Apr 7, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 7, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If you live in a gated communityis security allowed to issue speeding fines without a radar?

Can they keep you from going to your house you own?

Asked on April 7, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You mean private a security force?  What kind of gated community?  By that I mean is it a condo or coop? Coop and condo associations can indeed have their own rules and violation schedules for the rules for the roads and land within the association's domain.  The rules can not, however, conflict with the law.  Now, issuance of tickets for a violation of the rules must also be substantiated.  In other words, you need to be able to have due process and the rules can not be arbitrary nor can they be enforced without substantiation.  You must also be able to fight them.  So, I would look at your situation by starting to take apart the situation one be one and looking at each component mentioned here.  Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption