if you just got car insurance and you was in a accident can the insurance people refuse to pay for to fix your car

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

if you just got car insurance and you was in a accident can the insurance people refuse to pay for to fix your car

I got car insurance on Tuesday and on Wednesday a deer ran into my car and now my insurance provider is not try to help me they said that they have to do a full investigation on what have happen can they refuse to pay coverage on my car

Asked on November 2, 2016 under Accident Law, Virginia


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

It is a common practice for an insurance company to investigate the facts to determine whether to deny a claim or pay compensation.
If the claim is denied, the reason for the denial will determine whether or not there are grounds for suing the insurance company for bad faith.
Prior to filing a lawsuit for bad faith if your claim is denied, it would be advisable to contact your state's insurance commissioner.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption