If someone is intentionally using my address for the purpose of scamming immigration on a marriage is there any recourse?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If someone is intentionally using my address for the purpose of scamming immigration on a marriage is there any recourse?

This person married my daughter and had a
baby with her just to avoid deportation. He
dumped her and the baby on my doorstep last
December so he could go play single. He
hasn’t paid one dime to help support them.
Now he’s trying to make it look like they have
been together the whole time. He’s had
numerous affairs. The baby was only 3 months
old when he left. He’s putting my address on
everything. Without permission.

Asked on September 21, 2018 under Immigration Law, Missouri


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

YOu can't stop him from using your address but you can certainly report him to USCIS.  IT does not necessarily mean that they will do anything about it because you cannot compel them to do anything but you can report it and provide whatever supporting documentation you have to substantiate your claims.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption