If someone filmed me having sex without my consent, what would the charges be for the person who videotaped it?

UPDATED: Dec 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 25, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If someone filmed me having sex without my consent, what would the charges be for the person who videotaped it?

Asked on December 25, 2012 under Personal Injury, Florida


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Your question does not include enough details to answer it.  Are you asking if there is a criminal charge for videotaping you having sex?  There might be a crime depending on who filmed the act and how.  There might also be civil claims depending on the circumstances.

What remedy do you want?  Do you want the film destroyed?  Do you want money damages?  Do you want the person prosecuted?  You can call the police about this, but you may get little or no response.  You can also call the state attorney's office in your county and ask to speak with someone who prosecutes sex crimes.  A lawyer or investigator who regularly prosecute sex crimes would be most knowledgeable about your remedies in the criminal system.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption