If on parole and requesting early release from under 2/3rd law, how do we go about it?

UPDATED: May 5, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 5, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If on parole and requesting early release from under 2/3rd law, how do we go about it?

it was requested through Department of Corrections, third officer on case just met but was due to apply she claims it has been denied and that my date is Jan. 17, 2010. this is puzzling because it is a 4-8 sentance my release after almost 5 ys was July 27, 07. I have been out; no issues for almost two years, and i have no idea where this date comes from. Two prior officers stated May of this year and it was not going to be issue. What is going on????

Asked on May 5, 2009 under Criminal Law, New Hampshire


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

It is very hard to say exactly what is going on here.  It does not sound like you had been given anything in writing about the release for May of this year, so you may not be able to rely at all on what you were told before.

If you made an application that was denied, as the new officer says, you should have received written notice of that, and if not, you should ask her for a copy.  Ordinarily, decisions like that not only have to be in writing, there has to be some statement of the reasons for the denial.

Once you have the written denial, you might have a better understanding of the situation.  If you still want to pursue it, you may be able to appeal the denial, and the notice should tell you when and where to file the appeal. The time limit is important! Getting an attorney to help with an appeal would be a good idea.  If you need to find a lawyer, you can do that at http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption