If my green card expired while I’m working and the company is being brought would I get fired.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my green card expired while I’m working and the company is being brought would I get fired.

My green is expired however I’m still
working for a company whose going to be
brought by another company would I be

Asked on October 18, 2016 under Immigration Law, Minnesota


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Why would you need to apply for asylum if you have a green card already?  What do you mean by your green card is expired?  The card itself or did you lose the green card status?  If the green card (card itself) is expired, it does not mean necessarily that your status is no longer valid; you may just have to apply for a new card.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption