If my business has to close, do I have to pay remaining 24 months on 36 months cable contract?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my business has to close, do I have to pay remaining 24 months on 36 months cable contract?

I opened a LLC company 1 year ago and signed a 3 year contract with the cable company. My business failed and I had to close it. It says I owe them $2,563 for the remaining 24 months even though they did not provide the services. Do I have any protection from their claim?

Asked on January 19, 2012 under Business Law, South Carolina


Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

First, any attorney will need to read the actual signed agreement. Second, there may be several options for a reduction or elimination of payment, but the final answer will depend upon the writings and a clear recollection of the facts.

By Grace...

Shawn Jackson ESQ. (707) 584-4529 

Business Development Attorney EMAIL: [email protected]







            No communication resulting herein shall create an attorney-client relationship unless a separate retainer agreement is signed by attorney and client. The information provided neither is  legal advice nor is it conveyed in the course of an attorney-client relationship, but is intended merely as a general overview with regard to the subject matter covered. You should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel such as any attorney in this office in a subsequent email communication (agreement) and the formation of an attorney client relationship.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption