IfI pay the judgement that my HOA has against me, will that stop foreclosure?

UPDATED: Aug 28, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

IfI pay the judgement that my HOA has against me, will that stop foreclosure?

I received a letter from the attorney of my HOA association. I fell behind in my monthly dues. They filed a judgement against me, the letter also states that the judgement expressly provides that my unit be sold in connection with the foreclosure of the lien securing the payment of the judgment amount. Unless they hear from me with in 30 days they will be arranging a Order of Sale, which eventually results in the sheriff’s sale of my unit.

Asked on August 28, 2011 Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Yes, if you pay the judgment in full that your homeowner's association has against you for unpaid monthly dues for your property that is subject to the association's rules will stop the foreclosure sale of your property.

Assuming you plan on paying off this judgment in full, make sure you receive a written document from the judgment creditor stating that your judgment is satisfied in full, have is signed by the judgment creditor and file it in the court file where the judgment arose.

You also need to receive written confirmation that the association will not go forward with the foreclosure on its lien recorded on your home. Keep the written document concerning this for future reference.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption