What to do if I participated in an internal investigation regarding sexual harassment and my employer is retaliating against me?

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 1, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I participated in an internal investigation regarding sexual harassment and my employer is retaliating against me?

My employer has an upcoming meeting with me where they will retaliate against me. Do I have any protection prior to an official EEOC compliant? I just sent my claim to EEOC for retaliation but the original complainants have not yet filed and official EEOC. HR was original responsive but is not longer responding after our manager met with senior management.

Asked on September 1, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your employer is retaliating against you with respect to your participation in an internal investigation concerning a sexual harassment claim, I suggest that you immediately contact an employment attorney to represent you and make a complaint about what is happening with your local representative with department of labor.

I suggest that you attend the upcoming meeting with your employer with your employment attorney in tow.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption