If I’m in the ARD program and received a non-traffic citation, would that violate my ARD?

UPDATED: Nov 16, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 16, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m in the ARD program and received a non-traffic citation, would that violate my ARD?

I got a harassment charge.

Asked on November 16, 2013 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

ARD or Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition is unique to and is available for first time offenders or for second offenders if the first offense was more than ten years ago. The penalty for a first offense generally includes a minimum of two or three days in prison (depending on the offenders blood alcohol rate) plus fines, costs, Highway Safe Driving Classes, a Drug and Alcohol Evaluation and possible treatment and probation of 6 months or more and your driving privileges will be suspended for 12-months. ARD eliminates the prison sentence, shortens the license suspension and allows for the expungement (dismissal) of the criminal charges. The most obvious benefit of a dismissal of criminal charges is employment opportunities.

The non-traffic citation that you have wtitten about could very well violate your ARD sentence IF you were required to obey all laws of your state during the time period it was in effect. You need to carefully read the terms of the ARD agreement for the answer that you have inquired about.

You should also consult with an attorney (criminal) in your community about your situation. One can be found via attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption