IfI have a warrant for me and a job, do a background check, will they see it?

UPDATED: Apr 29, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 29, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

IfI have a warrant for me and a job, do a background check, will they see it?

Asked on April 29, 2009 under Criminal Law, Illinois


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Chances are that it will.  Although I've seen checks that only show up actual convictions.  Also, I know of a case where the individual had a federal situation but only state records were checked.  But these types of situation are not the norm.  More than likely this warrant will  be turned up by your employer.

While you don't state what the warrant is for my advice to you is to get a lawyer and try to straighten this out.  You'll have to deal with this issue the rest of you life if you don't.  Not to mention the obvious fact that if you are tracked down you'll be in a great deal of trouble.

If you need help in finding a good lawyer try www.AttorneyPages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption