if a person has insurance coverage for one hundred thousand dollars is that all you can get

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

if a person has insurance coverage for one hundred thousand dollars is that all you can get

I was in a roll over car accident and I have a permanent injury to my left leg
and they want me to take 75,000 is that the best I can get I will have to pay
medical and loss of wages and Lawyer fees out of this

Asked on February 1, 2017 under Personal Injury, Kansas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If policy limits are $100,000, that is the maximum you can receive from the insurance company.
If you are dissatisfied with that figure, your only recourse is to sue to try to be awarded a larger amount.
Out of any settlement or court judgment, the attorney's fee is deducted, and then the remaining amount must be sufficient to pay medical bills and to reimburse your health insurance company if required which many do.
The amount you receive represents compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering (an amount in addition to the medical bills) and wage loss.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption