If a older guy has nude pictures of a 17 year old girl, is that considered child porn?

UPDATED: Nov 12, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 12, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If a older guy has nude pictures of a 17 year old girl, is that considered child porn?

An older guy has pictures of me on his phone. I am 17 and he is 19. Is that illegal?

Asked on November 12, 2011 under Criminal Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The answer to your question depends upon whether or not you were or are the girlfriend of the 19 year old male. If you gave the photographs to him and your were his girlfriend or are, then most likely his possession of the photographs will not be considered illegal.

If not, and it is clear that you are a minor, then perhaps his possession of the pictures is illegal. The ultimate decsion as to the legality or legality of what you write about is whether he is ever charged with a crime for his possession of the photographs and is convicted or makes a plea to any charges.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption