What are my rights in this matter if I worked for an employer and it has yet to send me my paycheck?

UPDATED: Sep 5, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 5, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights in this matter if I worked for an employer and it has yet to send me my paycheck?

I worked under the supervision of a supervisor and the hours worked from the supervisior are not accurate. It has been a month since I have stopped working for the employer and have been in contact with the HR department. However, now I am not getting a response from the company or its representives.

Asked on September 5, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Georgia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hourly employees are legally entitled to be paid for all hours worked. If you believe you have not been paid for all hours worked, you could contact your state department of labor to complain, and/or speak with an employment law attorney about filing or lawsuit, or even file your own claim in small claims court, acting as your own attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption