What to do about an on the job injury?

UPDATED: Aug 31, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 31, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about an on the job injury?

I was on the job when I fell and hit my head on the rollers that we unload our trucks on I work in the backroom. I went and filled out an accident report because I cut my chin open and as any one could see it needed stitches. When I asked my manager to go to the hospital they told me they needed to contact our asset protection manager. After a call to him they still told me that I didn’t need to go but I was free to go at my discretion. So I went home and went to the hospital and ended up having to get 5 sutures. I got the bill about a week ago for a little over $1200. When asking my manager if they were going to pay for it because it seems to be plain and simple workers comp she told me they couldn’t because a manager didn’t go with me and it’s there policy. I was wondering what I need to do. Just pay the bill or get a lawyer to try to get them to pay it?

Asked on August 31, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Given the problems that you are notw having with a clear on the job injury and your employer's representatives to assist you in the paperwork in getting the hospital bill paid, I suggest that you consult with a worker's compensation attorney and/or a representative with your local department of labor about the matter you have written about and the best way to get it resolved.

I also would contact the hospital and have accounts receivables bill your employer for your health care costs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption