if I went to a dentist but a certain procedure was not performed, am I still obligated to pay for it?

UPDATED: Dec 23, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 23, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

if I went to a dentist but a certain procedure was not performed, am I still obligated to pay for it?

I went to the dentist with an emergency tooth ache. I agreed to pay out in payments for a laser procedure that wasn’t covered on my insurance. After my second visit for the fillings, I was unsatisfied with his work but he will not return for the laser treatment.

Asked on December 23, 2014 under Malpractice Law, Oklahoma


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Your agreement to pay the dentist for the laser treatment is a contract.  Since the laser treatment was not performed, the dentist is in breach of contract and you have no obligation to pay for work that was not performed.

If the dentist is refusing to return your payment,  you can sue for breach of contract.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption